**We have extended hours as of June 2019! Monday - Thursdays 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM. Fridays by appointment.**
Skeena Child Care Resource & Referral serving Kitimat, Kitamaat Village, Terrace and area, Kitselas, Kitsumkalum, and the Nass Valley.
- Child care information
- Information and help with the Affordable Child Care Benefit
- Professional development opportunities and information for care providers
- Resource Lending Library for registered care providers
- Expertise on Early Years Initiatives
Examples of the events, workshops, and activities we deliver in our service area:
- Annual Care Provider Picnic in the Park in Terrace
- Terrace Early Years Fair
- Playgroup for toddler and preschool age children during La Leche League meetings
- Responsible Adult Course
- Kids Have Stress Too Workshops
- Safe Spaces: Bullying Prevention for Preschoolers Workshop
BC Child Care Resource & Referral programs offer quality child care and community referrals, resources and support to child care providers and families in every community across the Province of British Columbia. We register license-not-required care providers and offer parent referrals to licensed childcare providers. We provide information and assistance with the Affordable Child Care Benefit plan. Our service area includes Terrace, Kitimat, Kitamaat Village and the Nass Valley. Skeena CCRR also trains early childhood educators in professionally accredited workshops and sit at community tables to provide expertise on early childhood topics.
For more information on our services, click on the families and childcare provider boxes below http://www.ccrr.bc.ca.
For more information about childcare in BC go to https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/family-social-supports/caring-for-young-children