What We Do
- We address barriers which prevent women from reaching their full potential.
- We promote safe and healthy communities.
- We offer information, referrals, and targeted programs that develop literacy, healthy living, safe relationships and economic prosperity.
- We promote partnerships among community groups.
- We provide an open and inclusive gathering space.
- Offer free workshops and weekly groups
- One-on-one support to connect with community resources
- Tax support through the CVITP
- Free personal products, some baby items (toiletries)
- Computer and internet access, tea and coffee
- Baby-changing table and quiet breastfeeding area
- Open door policy
- Lending library for parents
How we Practice/In Practice
- Acknowledge that we operate on Tsimshian land
- Respect the reconciliation process—contribute to decolonizing framework and dismantle the systems of oppression still present in Canada
- Recognition and advocacy of anti-racist Canadian feminism by practicing intersectionality
- Challenge Rape Culture through partnerships with community organizations